Enrollment Agreement for Omega Scholars
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Your purchase or use of products and services (“Programs”) offered by Omega Scholars, a division of Omega Education and use of www.omegascholars.com (the “Site”) are subject to these terms and conditions. Please read these terms carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
You agree to make full payment for Programs in the amount(s) listed in your shopping cart, the Order Confirmation email you will receive or as communicated by Omega Scholars representatives during registration. You agree to complete payment prior to commencing the Program, or if you select to pay in two installments for programs that are eligible for installment billing, prior to that Program’s expiration.
Refunds are not available once a Program has ended. Refund policies vary by Program.
Class Schedule and Location Changes:
Class schedules and locations are subject to change and/or cancellation. Omega Scholars will notify you of any changes or cancellations. If an alternative Omega Scholars Review Program does not meet your needs, Omega Scholars will provide a full refund.
Tutoring Policies for USMLE Step Review:
If you purchase tutoring, you and your tutor(s) will plan a schedule that is mutually convenient. If a local Omega Scholars tutor is unavailable in your area or a mutually convenient schedule cannot be reached, Omega Scholars will provide a refund of unused tutoring hours. If you need to cancel or postpone a lesson, you must directly notify your tutor at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in a deduction of the hours from your tutoring package or payment of a $100 rescheduling fee.
Omega Scholars Programs and Content are for Omega Scholars students only: All Omega Scholars content, including but not limited to Materials, Digital Materials, lectures, recordings, visual and audio aids, content available from Omegascholars.com or other Omega Scholars websites, and all content that you will receive or to which you will have access during your enrollment or Program (collectively, “Content”) is for your personal use only and may not be shared, resold, auctioned, or transferred to another person in any manner.
Copyright and Non-Duplication:
Content is protected by copyright law. Without Omega Scholars’ authorization, students are strictly prohibited from recording, downloading, duplicating or reproducing any Content in any manner or medium under any circumstances. If a student is found to be in violation, the student will be subject to disciplinary and legal action, including but not limited to any or all of the following:
- Immediate removal from the facility and termination of enrollment in the Program;
- Forfeiture of tuition paid and any refund due for any unused portion of the Program;
- Excluded from enrolling in any future Omega Scholars Programs; and
- Possibility of civil penalties and criminal prosecution. Willful Infringement of copyrighted works may result in federal imprisonment of up to five years and $250,000 in fines.
Student Code of Conduct:
As part of Omega Scholars’ commitment to our student’s success, we seek to provide an optimal learning environment and expect students to conduct themselves in a manner that is considerate of those around them. Those failing to meet student conduct standards may be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to termination without refund. Inappropriate classroom conduct includes but is not limited to: (1) disruptions to the learning environment (i.e. use of profanity, harassment, cell phone use in classrooms, etc.); (2) deliberate destruction, misuse, or theft of Omega Scholars property or the property of fellow classmates; (3) violence or threats of violence toward persons or property of students or Omega Scholars staff; (4) improper use of email and Internet access; and (5) failure to comply with federal copyright and criminal laws forbidding the misappropriation, copying, or alteration of copyright-protected materials.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability:
OMEGA SCHOLARS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE PROGRAMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND FACULTY.
Information We Collect:
Use of Your Personal Data: We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services, such as enrolling you in a courses, delivering educational content or responding to a specific inquiry;
- To customize your learning experience to you;
- To administer, support, improve and develop our business; and
- To send you information about Omega Scholars products or services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data:
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes except as mentioned in our privacy statement. We may disclose your Personal Data in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your Personal Data to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services. We may share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who are delivering services to Omega Scholars. Omega Scholars may disclose anonymous data with third parties. We may also share your information with third parties that you have specifically designated as authorized to receive information from us. For example, if you are a Step 1 student, subject to your consent we may provide information about your participation and performance to your medical school.
If payment for your Program was made by a third party or if you are a student of an institution that contracted with Omega Scholars to provide you with the Program, that third party or institution may request access to your academic records. You authorize Omega Scholars to share your academic records with that third party or any representative of that party.
Security and Information Retention:
We employ security measures to protect your information both online and offline from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. The Personal Data we obtain from students allows Omega Scholars to deliver smarter, more efficient and more effective instruction.
Arbitration and Class/Collective Action Waiver Any and all disputes arising from or related to this Agreement, other than disputes relating to intellectual property infringement, including whether the dispute is arbitrable and the scope of this arbitration agreement, shall be finally resolved by arbitration administered by a single arbitrator under the then-applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association in accordance the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitration shall be governed by and construed by federal law to the fullest extent possible. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, the arbitration shall take place in the largest city within 100 miles of your permanent residence. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, should you wish to initiate a legal action against Omega Scholars, you waive any right or ability to be a class or collective action representative or to otherwise participate in any putative or certified class, collective or multi-party action or proceeding based on such a claim in which Omega Scholars or a related entity is a party. The same applies to Omega Scholars’ legal actions against you. Thus, you and Omega Scholars agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class. Further, unless both you and Omega Scholars agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over a representative or class proceeding.
Consent and Release
- During your Program, Omega Scholars may contact you for feedback related to your Program, you may be photographed or your class recorded (collectively referred to as “Student Experience Materials”). You agree that Omega Scholars may use the Student Experience Materials for internal purposes. You hereby authorize Omega Scholars permission to use your likeness in photographs in any and all of its publications, including but not limited to all Omega Scholars’ printed, internet, and digital publications. you understand and agree that any photograph using your likeness will become property of Omega Scholars and will not be returned. You acknowledge that since your participation with Omega Scholars is voluntary, you will receive no financial compensation. You hereby irrevocably authorize Omega Scholars to edit, alter, exhibit publish or distribute this photo for purposes of publicizing Omega Scholars’ programs or for any other related, lawful purpose. In addition, you waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears. Additionally, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of photographs. You hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge Omega Scholars from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
- Programs or other activities may occur in hotels, schools and other facilities not controlled by Omega Scholars (“Third Party Facilities”). You waive any claim against Omega Scholars arising from your (or your child’s) use of Third Party Facilities, including claims related to the safety and security of third party facilities.
This Agreement supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, if any, between the parties and constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The agreement cannot be changed or modified orally. Any change or modification must be in writing and agreed to by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be construed by limiting it to make it enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
BY CLICKING SUBMIT, YOU ARE STATING THAT (1) YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY INCLUDING ANY AND ALL RELATED LINKS (2) IF APPLICABLE YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF A MINOR AND GRANT PERMISSION FOR HIM/HER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM WITH THESE CONDITIONS; (3) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE ENROLLED WITH OMEGA SCHOLARS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TEST PREPARATION AND NOT AT THE DIRECTION OF, OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF, ANY TEST PREPARATION COMPETITOR; (4) YOU UNDERSTAND THAT OMEGA SCHOLARS SERVICES DO NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE TO ANY SCHOOL OR RESIDENCY PROGRAM (5) YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO MAINTAIN THE MINIMUM HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO ACCESS YOUR PROGRAM (6) YOU AUTHORIZE OMEGA SCHOLARS REPRESENTATIVES TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT OR CHARGE CARD IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMOUNTS AND SCHEDULE EMAILED TO YOU UNTIL TUITION PAYMENT IS COMPLETE; (7) YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT
BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE NEXT STEP YOU CAN PRINT A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS